Paraprofessionals for NIA Deaf/Hard of Hearing Program
2022-2023 School Year
Start Date: August 4, 2022
The NIA DHH Program is in search of 4 paraprofessionals at various grade levels in the Deaf/Hard of Hearing Total Communication Program. Duties may include assisting with academics, toileting and transition needs. Additional duties include collaboration with team members and supervision of students throughout the day.
- Must hold a High School diploma or its recognized equivalent,; 60 credit hours of college coursework or an Associate’s Degree required.
- Must possess a valid Educator License (ELS) with Paraprofessional endorsement.
- Ability to exchange ideas or information by means of the spoken word. Basic signing skills preferred.
NIA Hearing Impaired Program located in Westfield School, Algonquin
Rebecca Moody, Education Department Executive
Northwestern Illinois Association
2422 W. Main Street, Suite 3A
St. Charles, IL 60174
Application Process and Deadline
- Completion of NIA online application
- Formal letter of application
- Personal Resume
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Copy of appropriate certificate(s)
Deadline: Applications taken until positions are filled
The Northwestern Illinois Association (NIA) is a regional special education cooperative comprised of seventy-two school districts located in the ten northwestern counties of Illinois. The primary mission of the NIA is to provide special education services to children with low incidence impairments (hearing, vision and orthopedic/multiple disabilities).
The NIA region has been divided into three sub-regions for more effective planning and service delivery. The NIA maintains its administrative office in Sycamore with satellite offices located in each of the NIA sub-regions. Within the region there are fourteen special education districts or cooperatives, and twenty nonpublic agencies with which NIA personnel work closely in the provision of special education services.
The Northwestern Illinois Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Find us in Northwestern Illinois
4 Office Locations
- St. Charles
5 Hearing Clinic Locations
- St. Charles
- South Beloit