Administrative Assistant – Business Services
Job Type: Full-time, 12 months, 256 days, 7.5 hours/day
Start Date: July 11, 2022
- Communicate with vendors and NIA office personnel regarding requisitions and purchase orders.
- Process purchase requisitions and prepare purchase orders.
- Maintain and track the status of purchases.
- Distribute materials and equipment to appropriate NIA teammates and offices.
- Prepare all invoices and enter them into the accounting software.
- Distribute accounts payable vendor checks and employee reimbursements timely.
- Prepare accounts payable reports for Board meetings.
- Maintain organization-wide inventory records for all equipment purchases.
- Maintain vendor files and W-9s.
- Prepare and mail 1099 forms annually.
- Reconcile monthly P-Card statements.
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the Finance Manager or
- Previous experience in purchasing, Accounts Payable, and/or bookkeeping is required.
- Knowledge of school-based account code structure is desired.
- Minimum Education - High School Diploma.
- Ability to maintain organized clerical records and prepare reports.
- Ability to work independently needing little supervision.
- Experience in software application programs, including Microsoft Office and financial programs.
Sycamore, IL Office
Application Process and Deadline
- Completion of NIA online application.
Deadline: Applications taken until positions are filled
The Northwestern Illinois Association (NIA) is a regional special education cooperative comprised of seventy-two school districts located in the ten northwestern counties of Illinois. The primary mission of the NIA is to provide special education services to children with low incidence impairments (hearing, vision and orthopedic/multiple disabilities).
The NIA region has been divided into three sub-regions for more effective planning and service delivery. The NIA maintains its administrative office in Sycamore with satellite offices located in each of the NIA sub-regions. Within the region there are fourteen special education districts or cooperatives, and twenty nonpublic agencies with which NIA personnel work closely in the provision of special education services.
The Northwestern Illinois Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Find us in Northwestern Illinois
4 Office Locations
- St. Charles
5 Hearing Clinic Locations
- St. Charles
- South Beloit